Vestas Sailrocket flashé à 54 noeuds

C'est l'endroit où l'on se retrouve pour papoter.

Modérateurs: manutzh, thomas, Ad, matalsurfing

Vestas Sailrocket flashé à 54 noeuds

Messagede foolonhill » 20/10/2011 20:08

Le prao hitech vestas sailrocket a passé les 54 noeuds "instantané" hier en Namibie avec un passager (journaliste) à bord.

Le skipper a l'air vraiment confiant pour la suite, voici un extrait de son blog

Hi all, just a quick one to say that we have punched through 54 knots, 62 mph and 100 kmh. The fun part is that we did it two up and VESTAS Sailrocket 2 was far from optimally trimmed. It was a wild ride. The day was quite unsettled but I decided to make the most of it and take Adam from WIRED USA for a shot in the back seat. We have never sailed two up before. VSR2 struggled to get started but once she found her feet... WHOOSKA! It was a crazy ride that took me...well... I'll do the full update tomorrow. I just saw the photos and they are wild. Adam had the ride of his life. In 1 ride he's been as fast as I've ever been.

This boat will do the business. It WILL beat the current world record. I know that now. The question is how much we can get out of it.

Triple rum and cokes in a pint glass are the drinks for a new best speed.

So where are we with the new foil? I don't know... all I know is that it's fast. There is so much to tell about that last full-on run.

Update to follow... everyone is sitting here madly downloading data, HD video footage and photo's... and slurping on rum. We are still sailors remember.

Cheers, Paul.

Vous trouverez tout ici:

http://www.sailrocket.com
foolonhill
Vient de découvrir l'océan
Vient 

de découvrir l'océan

Messagede Reynald » 20/10/2011 21:58

D'autant plus impressionnant qu'à la différence des kites et planches, il est sur mer ouverte, comme l'hydroptère...
Reynald
L'océan et moi ne faisons qu'un!
L'océan et moi ne faisons qu'un!

Retourner vers Le spot