SOS 2007

La dernière ù*$^ù* de *ù$^* avec son super shape...

Modérateurs: manutzh, thomas, Ad, matalsurfing

Messagede Happy » 12/12/2006 13:13

Without the straps it is 5.58 kilo, so not too bad. Tonight I will do some measuring en post them in this topic.
Happy
Vient de découvrir l'océan
Vient 

de découvrir l'océan

Messagede kustom » 12/12/2006 15:25

good thing is that you can mount the footstraps with 4 screws per strap! so never twist and broken screws.
kustom
Aime l'océan
Aime 

l'océan

Messagede Anowan » 12/12/2006 15:38

Happy a écrit:Without the straps it is 5.58 kilo, so not too bad. Tonight I will do some measuring en post them in this topic.

thanks ! looking forward to it.

5.58 kgs for a 82L is quite good, that's one kilo less than most other boards of similar volume
Anowan
Serial posteur
Serial posteur

Messagede Happy » 12/12/2006 19:18

Anowan a écrit:May I ask you a favor ? what's the measurement in centimeters of the maximum spread between the front and back footstraps (between the first back insert of the front strap, and the last front insert of the back strap) ? :smile:

I ask because I need a wide stance when I surf (between 43,5 and 45 cm).

O.K. let me see if I got you correctly. From the heart of the front insert of the back strap, to the heart of the back insert of the front strap (still with me? . :roll: ) it measures 41 cm. My guess is that the classics allow a wider stance. The Fish have only one fixed back-strap position whereas the classics have 2 options for the back strap. It kind of makes sense to me as the Classics have a longer water line. Maybe Kustom (David) can measure the distance on his CL71 and CL88?

Standard fin B.T.W. around 21.3 cm. (8'5")

Other measurement: o.f.o. back 36 cm.
Happy
Vient 

de découvrir l'océan

Messagede Anowan » 12/12/2006 19:54

Happy a écrit:O.K. let me see if I got you correctly. From the heart of the front insert of the back strap, to the heart of the back insert of the front strap (still with me? . :roll: ) it measures 41 cm. My guess is that the classics allow a wider stance. The Fish have only one fixed back-strap position whereas the classics have 2 options for the back strap. It kind of makes sense to me as the Classics have a longer water line. Maybe Kustom (David) can measure the distance on his CL71 and CL88?

Standard fin B.T.W. around 21.3 cm. (8'5")

Other measurement: o.f.o. back 36 cm.

thanks a lot ! :smile:

41cm seems a bit too narrow for me, and I would need to try the board first before buying one to be sure.
Anowan
Serial posteur
Serial posteur

Messagede toro » 12/12/2006 23:19

I don't think 41cm is too narrow...

I tested both possible positions (38.5 or 41cm) on the water today and 41cm definitely is quite wide...

I'm inclined to believe that the wide stance is better for waverides, as you can put the whole rail into the water and keep more speed in your bottomturns, so I put the footstrap on my waveriding side to the front... BUT WITH THIS RED FISH I JUST DON'T KNOW ANYMORE: IT TURNS SOOOOOOOOO EXTREMELY GOOD (VERTICAL CUTBACKS MADE EASY), AND IT KEEPS ON GOING AND GOING... If I put the strap backwards, I might lose a bit of drive, but I'll probably be able to get a more fluent and completely vertical surfing style...
So that 41 cm will probably be not too bad for the wide stance guys... But DO try one, they are pure STOKE machines...

Damn these boards are great!!!!

Info HOTSAILS? toro_surf@yahoo.com
toro
Vient 

de découvrir l'océan

Messagede Anowan » 12/12/2006 23:40

hehe you do sound AND look stoked !
how tall are you anyway ?

these boards surely look nice on the beach, I wish I could try one of them but that's another story :|
Anowan
Serial posteur
Serial posteur

Messagede toro » 13/12/2006 20:49

moi je pèse environ 70 kilo, pour 1.77m...

Et c'est vrai, je suis vraiment bouleversé par les SOS... Ce sont des planches bizarres: les plus radicales dans le surf qu'on puisse trouver, et d'une facilité stupéfiante dans le planning 'normale'.
Bizarre, parceque en ligne droite, ce sont pas les plus agiles parceque on navigue vraiment sur l'aileron, mais à cause de ça on peut vraiment appuyer fort et remonter tres vite au vent... et dès qu'on 'se lève' pour commencer les virages, c'est si comme on appuie sur un bouton "maniabilité²": des vraie bombes!!!
toro
Vient 

de découvrir l'océan

Messagede Happy » 16/12/2006 09:54

Yesterday was the firts time I sailed my Rocket Fish 82. Conditions were pretty good. 1,5 m. high waves, nicely powered up Superfreak 5.3 and a comfortable 8 degrees celsius. Having allready sailed the CL71 & 88 and R99 expectations were high! Allthough I was the limiting factor yesterday (just one of these days :( ) I good a good first impression of this magic stick, WOW!

With my 84 kg. the board gave enough float to sit it out during lulls, but this never got in the way when fully powered up. Getting on the plane is very easy (it planes quite early). Because of the wide nose getting over the whitewater goes effortlessly. The boards is fast, direct and light so jumping is a dream, once airborn you have ultimate control. Catching waves (now the party really starts :D), acceleration on the wave is impressive, the board likes to be driven over the front foot, turning radius is awesome, cutbacks on a dime.

Any things I didn't like about the board? Not really. The only thing I would change, next time in the same conditions, is the fin (the standard fin generated a bit too much lift, but again there was a lot of wind). So there you have it, after this first session I'm stoked!
Happy
Vient 

de découvrir l'océan

Messagede toro » 26/12/2006 12:50

Je crois que je viens le vendredi -> wimereux... Avec les SOS 99, 82, 68...
toro
Vient 

de découvrir l'océan

Messagede toro » 30/12/2006 23:27

friday in wimereux:
j'ai pu tester la SOS rf82: geniale!!! ... il n'y avait personne...

toro
Vient 

de découvrir l'océan

Précédente

Retourner vers Scoop matos & nouveautés